Secure your tickets now
You wouldn’t miss it for the world! Be sure to secure your tickets well in advance and follow us for more speaker announcements in the coming weeks.
Opening ceremony - TRUST
The main theme for the ONS Conference 2022 is “TRUST”. The energy industry is not unaccustomed to change, but we are now facing new expectations far more complex – and at an unprecedented pace. Facing the big challenges of the energy transition, trust is ever more important. In the opening ceremony we will be visited by the CEO of Tesla and Space X, Elon Musk. His experience in the energy industry as well as his innovative entrepreneurship has put him in the forefront of technology. He is a big influence and part of the change we see now in the industry and need in the future. His thoughts on trust and the changes ahead will most definitely be interesting for everyone to learn from. Read more about Elon Musk coming to ONS 2022 here.
Across countries, industries, traditions and culture, we need trust and a common ground to secure a just transition and the realization of the net zero future. At the ONS Conference the programme highlights trust throughout three days of high level discussions with topics ranging from the energy markets, race to net zero, leadership, technology and a just transition.
Ben van Beurden is the CEO of Shell International. He holds a degree in chemical engineering and has been a part of Shell since the early 80’s. He has attended and been a speaker at the ONS Conference many times before and holds a unique perspective on the energy industry and the value of trust.
The CEO of Equinor, Anders Opedal, has a background as a petroleum engineer. He started his career in Equinor in 1997. With more than 20 years in a company that has grown immensely, he knows more than anyone how much trust means to the energy industry in Norway and the world.
The insights of Musk, van Beurden and Opedal will no doubt set an exciting and though provoking precedence to the ONS 2022 Conference.
Co-existing in the energy market
The climate ambitions and rapid global movements into sustainable energy systems puts forward new complex market challenges. The price of oil, gas and electricity has been volatile and shown the weakness of an energy system dependent on seasonal weather.
Reaching net zero still requires oil and gas, in parallel with renewables gradually growing into taking larger market shares. How will these very different industries co-exist in different markets? How can they share synergies ex. in infrastructure, competence and consumer knowledge?
Kjerstin Braathen is the CEO of DNB Bank ASA, a world leading bank based in Norway. It is also one of the biggest in the Nordics regarding market capitalisation. Braathen has been the CEO of DNB since 2019. She has a long history in finance, management, offshore, shipping and logistics.
Øyvind Eriksen is the CEO and President of Aker ASA. Aker ASA is an industrial investment company involved in most aspects of the energy industry. Eriksen has in his career worked in several industries including shipping, asset management, finance, media and industry.
Braathen and Eriksen carry an enormous professional weight and competence in their field. We are very excited to hear their reflections and discussion about how they adapt their huge companies to the rapid changes we see in the world today.
Rapid change will impact Conference topics consecutively
In the light of the events in Ukraine and the very volatile energy market, issues on energy security will be high on the agenda. We have some of the world’s most prominent voices giving their insight with backgrounds from across the globe.
Amrita Sen, the Head of Research at Energy Aspects, is an world renowned oil market analysist. She is the co-founder of Energy Aspects, which provides valuable insight and analysis for over 500 companies about global energy commodities and macro markets.
Sen will be speaking in the session “Co-existing in the energy market” at the ONS 2022 Conference, but her input will no doubt cover energy security as well. She is frequently used as a source on several media outlets these days, giving insightful perspectives and analysis on the current energy crisis in the world following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
Click here to see Amrita Sens latest interview with Bloomberg, 8/3/2022, about the rising prices of oil and gas in Europe and the US.
- Elon Musk, CEO & founder, Tesla & Space X
- Liv Monica Stubholt, Partner, Advokatfirmaet Selmer
- Øyvind Eriksen, President & CEO, Aker
- Karl Johnny Hersvik, CEO, Aker BP
- Lorenzo Simonelli, Chairman & CEO, Baker Hughes
- Kimberly Mathiesen, CEO, HUB Ocean
- Christoph H. Loch, Professor, Cambridge Judge Business School
- Jason Bordoff, Founding Director, Center on Global Energy Policy, Columbia University
- Helen Currie, Chief Economist, ConocoPhillips Corporate
- Kjerstin Braathen, CEO, DNB Bank
- Robert M. Lee, Founder & CEO, Dragos, Inc.
- Amrita Sen, Head of Research, Energy Aspects
- Anders Opedal, President & CEO, Equinor
- Ulrica Fearn, CFO, Equinor
- Kjetil Hove, EVP, Equinor
- Tom Einar Jensen, CEO, Freyr
- Helima Croft, Man. Dir. & Global Head of Commodity Strategy Global Research, RBC Capital Markets
- Narendra Taneja, Chairman, IEPI
- Gauri Singh, Deputy Director General, International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA)
- Nicolai Tangen, CEO, Government Pension Fund Global
- Børre Jacobsen, Managing Director, Northern Lights
- Leslie Dewan, Co-Founder & CEO, Radiant Nano
- Edward Daniels, EVP Commercial and New Business Development, Shell International E&P
- Ben van Beurden, Chief Executive Officer, Shell International E&P
- Christian Bruch, President & CEO, Siemens Energy
- Dr. Tatiana Mitrova, Fellow, Skolkovo Moscow School of Management
- Christian Rynning-Tønnesen, President & CEO, Statkraft
- Hilde Tonne, CEO, Statnett
- Jonas Gahr Støre, Norwegian Prime Minister
- Steve Westly, Founder & Managing Partner, Westly Group
- Thomas Wilhelmsen, CEO Wilhelmsen
- Mario Mehren, Chief Executive Officer, Wintershall Dea GmbH-
See the ONS 2018 Conference Programme
700+ speakers share their insight and knowledge across our nine venues.