The ONS Foundation and the Munich Security Conference Foundation (MSC), two of the most prominent institutions in their respective fields, are partnering for a debate on energy markets, energy security challenges and the current geopolitics of energy. Led by ONS President and Chief Executive Officer, Leif Johan Sevland, and MSC Chairman, Ambassador Wolfgang Ischinger. The ONS Summit will take place from August 26 to 27, 2018 in Stavanger.
Around 50 key leaders from the energy industry, politics and civil society will meet for off-the-record discussions on global energy trends, their geopolitical implications, and the challenges they pose to states, energy companies and technology providers. Amongst others we will welcome;
· Abdirashid Mohamed Ahmed, Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources, Federal Republic of Somalia
· Meg Gentle, President and CEO, Tellurian Inc.
· Benedek Jávor, Vice-Chair of the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety, European Parliament
· Sergey Kislyak, First Deputy Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the Council of Federation
· Mario Mehren, Chairman of the Boards of Executive Directors, Wintershall Holding GmbH
· John Munyes, Minister of Petroleum and Mining, Republic of Kenya
· Edgars Rinkēvičs, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Latvia
· Eldar Sætre, President and CEO, Equinor ASA
· Rainer Seele, Chairman of the Executive Board and CEO, OMV Group
· Lorenzo Simonelli, President & CEO, Baker Hughes, a GE Company
· Ulrich Spiesshofer, President and Chief Executive Officer, ABB
· Narendra Taneja, Chairman, Energy Security Group, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry
· Johannes Teyssen, CEO, E.ON SE
· Victoriia Voytsitska, Secretary, Committee on Fuel-Energy, Nuclear Policies and Security
The ONS Summit provides an intimate setting for discussing regional and global energy security challenges. As with other MSC formats, discussions on the ONS Summit are private and off-the-record, facilitating an open debate. From this perspective the cooperation between the ONS and the MSC is promising as it enables a unique chance to offer an exclusive group of high-ranking decision makers a stage for debate and insightful thoughts.