This year’s ONS Innovation Awards has received a total of 78 applicants from 11 different countries and four different continents. 34 of the candidates that applied for the Innovation Awards are larger companies , while 44 are small and medium companies applying for the SME Category of the same prize. Now, the ONS Innovation Award Jury 2020 has a challenging mission: to choose a deserving winner of the ONS Innovation Award for both categories.
– It is inspiring to see that despite challenging times for our industry innovation and technology is still high on the agenda in both the larger service companies and small and medium-sized industry. Innovation is key to both long term profitability and sustainable development of our sector, says Tarjei Nødtvedt Malme, Chair of the ONS Innovation Award jury.
– We already see that the competition for both prizes will be tough among many high-quality innovations. Digital solutions and technology with concrete positive environmental impact are abundant this year, which is exciting, he continues.
The members of the jury
The Innovation Award Jury includes representatives from industry associations, innovation incubators, private and public sector. Together they’ll evaluate the applications and boil it down to five finalists in each category.
The members of this year’s jury are:
Tarjei Nødtvedt Malme (Chair), Special Advisor, Division for Energy, Resources and the Environment, Norwegian Research Council
Anngjerd Pleym, Head of Department, Siemens Oil & Gas Offshore AS
Ellen Braune, Head of Drilling & HSE, Horisont Energi
Gordon Ballard, Executive Director, The International Association of Oil & Gas Producers (IOGP)
Rebecca Allison, Solution Centre Manager, The Oil & Gas Technology Centre (OGTC)
Hege Kverneland, Retired, National Oilwell Varco
Kalmar Ildstad, Assistant Director for Development and Operations, Norwegian Petroleum Directorate
Camilla Leon, Subsea Alliance Manager, AKER BP
• Finalists are announced in August 2020
• The finalists and their innovations will be presented in all ONS channels
• The awards will be presented to the winners in a digital award ceremony