The global COVID-19 pandemic has demonstrated how essential it is to join forces and seek collaborative solutions. The crisis has revealed tremendous solidarity and creativity at all levels of society. And the crisis has underlined the important connection between access to energy, energy poverty and peopleś quality of life and healthcare.
As climate change is on top of the global agenda, the energy industry is facing dilemmas that need solving. How do we ensure access to clean, affordable and reliable energy for the worldś population? How can we produce the cleanest kinds of energy and phase out the dirtiest?
Increasing geopolitical pressure on energy markets, greater uncertainty and higher volatility are all realities. Who are the leaders that can lay the foundation for coordinated solutions?
The energy industry has the tools to meet global development challenges with business solutions and commitment. We call upon governments, industry, companies and individuals to come together and reinvent the term ‘joint venture’. Let us contribute and cooperate to create a new energy future. Together.
During Digital ONS from 31 August – 2 September, top leaders, innovators and decision makers will share their thoughts on the energy future through a series of video interviews, reportages, webinars and statements. Addressing key issues, solutions and business opportunities – all available for the energy crowd. The programme is free and open for everyone on www.ons.no.
Selection of speakers:
· Erna Solberg, Prime Minister of Norway
· Eldar Sætre, President and CEO, Equinor
· Fatih Birol, Executive Director, IEA
· Tina Bru, Minister of Petroleum and Energy of Norway
· Liv Hovem, CEO, DNV GL Oil & Gas
· Jason Bordoff, Founding Director, Centre of Global Energy Policies, Columbia University
· Francesco LaCamera, General-Director, IRENA
· Amrita Sen, Co-founder and Director of Research, Energy Aspects
· Ramez Nam, Co-chair Energy and environment, Singularity University
Sign up here to get the latest info on ONS Digital 2020.