ONS 2018 Special Innovation Award - criteria, guidelines and jury assessment
Criteria for the ONS Special Innovation Award
The ONS Special Innovation Award will be given to an individual or organisation that have significantly influenced the innovation processes, and or the education/competence levels enabling innovation capabilities with great significance to the energy industry.
- The individual, company or organisation should be recognized in the international energy industry. This includes research laboratories and universities.
- The award will be given to individuals, teams or organisations still active within the industry and that are recognized as innovators. This includes both inventors and organisations which have developed new concepts, products and methods bringing the energy industry forward.
- Technical excellence, commercial success, and innovative projects with great significance in the industry as a result of their frontier pushing activities, should be the most important factors when looking for candidates.
- The candidate must act as visionary ambassador for the industry. The work of the candidate should influence people to be open to innovation and incorporate new ideas.
- The award winners shall be recognized for their technical excellence, performance, HSE and ethical behavior.
Guidelines and Jury Assessment
The award can be given to managers of innovative companies, inventors of new technology, project managers, researchers, university professors, research teams and laboratories or others with great significance for promoting innovations in the energy sector.
The work of the candidate has to show innovation excellence through a significant period of time.
The Jury will evaluate the achievements as a result of the candidate´s work related to the energy sector and according to the above listed criterias 1 through 5.
The award will only be given when a worthy candidate is found. Nationality will not be an issue. The Special Innovation Award will be given at the Innovation Awards Ceremony at the ONS
Candidates can be nominated by any person or organisation within the energy
sector, including the ONS Innovation Awards jury.