ONS takes place every second year in Stavanger, Norway.
The next event is 31 August – 3 September 2020.
Key figures from ONS 2018
- Total visitors: 68 174 people from 98 countries visited ONS 2018
- Exhibition: 1 124 companies from 37 countries
- ONS Conference: 3 635 delegates attended the Conference
- Centre Court: More than 6 187 people attended the sessions
- Technical Sessions: 2 296 people attended 27 sessions over four days.
- Young: 4 000 participated at the ONS Young arena.
- International Markets: 11 61 participants through 10 sessions. 350 B2B meetings with international companies and organisations.
- Renewable Markets: 205 participants
- Summit: the ONS Summit gathered more than 90 top leaders of governments, corporations and academia from 23 countries
- 785 meetings booked through the ONS matchmaking function
- Festival: Nine pavilions offered food, drinks and entertainment Monday through Wednesday in Stavanger Harbour. 2 177 people participated in the road race “Run for Fun”. A large crowd saw AURORA perform at the ONS Concert, followed by the spectacular fireworks at the end of the evening.
- Media: 205 journalists from 16 countries attended ONS 2018
- Innovation Awards: Interwell and Typhonix
- Special Innovation Award: Lord Cullen
- Distinguished Service Awards: Bente Nyland and Philip Lambert
- Best Stand Awards: Wintershall for stands 50 square meters or larger, and IGUS winner for stands smaller than 50 square meters.
- NPD’s IOR Award: The licensees for the Alvheim field
Facts and figures from ONS 2018
- 9 exhibition halls
- 20 000 square metres exhibition space
- Operators and suppliers from all over the world
- Two designated areas for innovators and companies with clean energy initiatives: Innovation Park and Clean Energy Park
- Access to ONS Centre Court and Technical Sessions, a conference arena in the exhibition area
- No invitation needed. Tickets cost 450 NOK (incl tax) – this gives access to the exhibition, Centre Court and Technical Sessions all four days
- Main theme: INNOVATE
- 620 speakers on seven conference arenas
- ONS Conference
– Extensive three day programme held at the Clarion Hotel Energy
- Centre Court – conference arena at the exhibition, strong focus on clean energy topics
- Technical Sessions – technological solutions to the industry’s main challenges
- Exhibitor Stage – a stage for exhibiting companies to present products or projects
- Young – extensive programme for lower and upper secondary school pupils, students, young professionals and for teachers and advisers.
- International Markets, presented by NORWEP – focus on business opportunities abroad for Norwegian companies
- Renewable Markets – focus on business opportunities in renewable markets
- ONS Summit – forum for senior executives and governmental leaders attending ONS
- Social network arena, after-party and cultural events
- Festival area in the Stavanger’s harbour, in the city centre
- Opens when the exhibition closes – everyone is welcome!
- Energy cities and companies host pavilions and boats
- Culinary delights, art and entertainment
- Run for fun – the ONS road race
- The ONS Concert with Aurora
Conference themes - historical
The chosen theme helps set the agenda for the ONS Conference. Innovate is the main theme for ONS 2018. Here’s an overview of the ONS themes over the years.
1980 Uncertainties in the management of the offshore petroleum resources
1982 Production of oil and gas from deep and hostile waters
1984 Uncertainties and innovation – management of northern offshore resources
1986 Northern waters: new political, economic and technical opportunities and concerns
1988 Oil and gas in the 1990’s – perspectives, challenges and opportunities
1990 The petroleum industry adjusting to new realities
1992 Future energy markets – political and technological perspectives
1994 A changing world – a changing industry
1996 Oil and gas beyond 2000 – new frontiers
1998 Energy needs and environmental demands
2000 Shaping the future of the energy industry
2002 Energizing a new generation
2004 Shaping our energy future
2006 Bridging the energy gap
2008 Energy for one world
2010 Energy for more people
2012 Confronting Energy Paradoxes
Subscribe to our newsletter!
In our popular newsletter we give our subscribers useful and interesting information about the ONS events.