Your country, your company and your job are all influenced by the changes in the energy world. Now you have the chance to understand the dynamics affecting the markets and the energy industry.
John Knight holds the position of Executive Vice President Global Strategy and Business Development of Statoil. He is the Chair of the ONS Conference Committee, and has been instrumental in creating the programme.
“With the conference, I look forward to combining the traditional technology focus with a greater understanding of the geopolitical, macro-economic and social-political challenges the industry is currently facing,” Knight says.
Main Sponsor ONS Conference 2016
Session Sponsors ONS Conference
The inauguration line-up
Regulations and policies, and the debate about the transition to a low carbon world will be important topics, according to Knight:
“We are honoured to present the line-up of speakers at the ONS Conference. The show will be kicked off with an Opening Ceremony with senior executives from the energy business present on stage.”
The following keynote speakers will participate at the inauguration of ONS:
- Erna Solberg, Prime Minister of Norway
- Ryan Lance, CEO, ConocoPhillips
- Ben van Beurden, CEO, Shell
- Eldar Sætre, CEO, Statoil
- Daniel Yergin, IHS Vice Chairman and Chairman CERA Week
The opening day continues with prominent speakers also after lunch, including:
- Mohammed Al Qahtani, Senior Vice Presiden Upstream, Saudi Aramco
- Mario Mehren, CEO, Wintershall
- Matthias Warnig, Managing Director, Nord Stream
- Lorenzo Simonelli, CEO, GE Oil & Gas
Transition – along three axes
The conference is built around the main theme for ONS, Transition. ONS 2016 aims to focus on the actions needed to steer from the current situation to a more stable and desirable one.
Transition will be addressed based on three main pillars: transition to a new market reality, transition to a more sustainable world and leadership in periods of transformation.
“In the development of the conference programme we have focused on finding excellent speakers to address the most pressing issues,” says John Knight.
“In total, we will present more than 60 high level keynote speakers,” he concludes.
Broad span of topics
Leif Johan Sevland, President and CEO of ONS is more than content with the programme:
“The ONS Conference is our primary conference feature, and it will attract anyone who is interested in the future opportunities in energy. The topics cover international perspectives which will give delegates a broad understanding of the energy markets, major risk factors and measures for adapting to the new market reality.”
Here are the main topics of the ONS Conference
- Global energy projects
- Middle East – energy and politics
- Energy in Europe – a balancing act
- Transition to a new market reality
- Emerging markets – new customers for oil and gas
- Long term perspectives for the Norwegian Continental Shelf
- Leading through transition
- Security challenges – watch your back
- Energy future – keep your eyes on the ball
- Energy game changers
- Financing the transition
“ONS aims to be forward looking, progressive and an important arena where different perspectives on the future of energy are presented and discussed. I am pleased to present a programme that makes this possible.”
Please note that updates and changes may occur until opening day.
Main Sponsor ONS Conference 2016