Innovative Education and Competence Building
Tekna Oil and gas invites to a session with focus on current and future educational needs for the petroleum industry.
Speakers and topics
When and where:
- Tuesday 28 August 2018
- 15:30 – 17:00
- Hall 10, room 2
15:30: What kind of technology graduates will the oil and gas industry need in 2025?
- Runar Østebø, Tekna Oil and gas
- Atle Blomgren, Senior Researcher, IRIS
A new report with highlights of status and position at Norwegian universities of Master’s degree education will be presented.
16:00: Young, smart and creative Master degree students will give executive presentations of their Master thesis.
16:30: Panel discussion regarding the competence needs and challenges for technology graduates for the petroleum industry.
The panel will consist of:
- Målfrid Rønnevik, Manager Expertise Development, Norwegian Oil and gas
- Andreas Christian Engeberg, Vice President, Tekna
- Petter D. Senum, Leader of Tekna Student, University of Stavanger
- Liv Hofgaard, Manager, The Norwegian Association for Educational and Vocational Guidance
Tekna – The Norwegian Society of Graduate Technical and Scientific Professionals. Tekna is the largest organisation in Norway for such professionals with 74 000 members, whereof 12 000 Master students are Tekna Student members.