ONS highly values new thoughts and alternative perspectives – we thoroughly believe diversity will improve our products. We are looking for four young people to become members of the Clean Energy Committee and the Technical Committee – two in each committee.
ONS committees need young input
The Clean Energy Committee will work on the programme for the ONS Centre Court, where presentations about clean energy initiatives will be an important feature. The chair of this committee is Bjørn Kj. Haugland, EVP and Chief Sustainability Officer of the DNV GL Group. Read more here.
A brand new feature of ONS 2016 is the Technical Sessions. At a new arena in the exhibition area, visitors will get in-depth knowledge of highly technological topics. This committee has not yet been set up, but stay tuned…
Are you the right one for us?
We are looking for enthusiastic young people with technical qualifications or competence in clean energy. Here are the requirements for our new committee members:
- Relevant competence (technical, oil and gas or clean energy)
- Master student or young professional with work experience (max. 2-3 years)
- Passion for energy and your own area of expertise
- Independent, involved, dedicated and with opinions about the future
- Ability to participate in committee meetings in Stavanger (5-6 meetings)
What’s in it for you?
A lot! Have a look:
- Power to influence the ONS programme for 2016
- A chance to network with influential and competent people from the industry
- Experience from committee work at one of the world’s biggest energy events
- Being part of an important project
- An impressive line on your CV
- Access to ONS 2016
If your heart is beating a little harder after reading this, and you feel we are writing about you – send us a short application (max. 250 words). The deadline is 4 September 2015.
Please use Committee Member as the subject, and send the application to:
The ONS committees – a strong tradition
Our committees make us very proud. A great number of people from companies across the energy industry offer their time, knowledge and effort to help develop and improve ONS. They give input on conference topics, speakers, marketing, social arenas and so on – which makes the job so much easier for the ONS team!
The committees have been an important part of ONS since the beginning, and we are grateful that so many companies pitch in with their know-how. It is one of the secrets of the ONS success story.
Clean Energy Committee