– We see Run for Fun as a great opportunity to meet and connect with colleagues outside the office. It’s a fun activity for the whole family, and we encourage our employees to join with the children. We are proud to have more than 1000 people representing Equinor in the race, says Liv Ims, Senior Consultant Communications at Equinor.
ONS organises one of the biggest road races in the Stavanger region. In 2016, 1 700 people – both young and old – participated in the race. The course is only four kilometres long, stretching from the ONS venue to the city centre of Stavanger.
– You don’t have to be a marathon-runner to join! Participants can decide whether they want to compete, jog, run in a fancy dress or take a stroll, says ONS Festival Manager, Tonje Skålevik.
Most companies exhibiting at ONS encourage their staff and families to join and traditionally 40% of the participants are children. At the finishing line there will be food, drinks, and entertainment on the stage.
– The local Stavanger-band “TØFL”, “Sun Brothers” and “Enimals” will perform after the race. This is a great warm-up for the ONS Concert with Aurora later in the evening. We still have room for more people, so bring your colleagues and sign up today, Skålevik says.
Practical information and registration
When and where:
- Wednesday 29 August 2018
- Warm-up starts at 17:30. The race starts at 18:00
- Starting-point inside Vikinghallen by the ONS venue
- NOK 250
- Free participation for children up to the age of 5
- Food, drink and entertainment is included in the fee
- Skjalg Track and Field Club is the technical organiser. Sign up here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the company’s name and the number of participants are required to register. So sign up today and start recruiting colleagues!