He is Executive Vice President and the Chief Sustainability Officer (CSO) in DNV GL Group. He is responsible for DNV GL Group’s global sustainability agenda and he is the Chairman of the DNV GL Corporate Sustainability Board. We could not have been more pleased that he agreed to chair the Clean Energy Committee.
“We are moving fast into a future where a more sustainable energy sector is high on the agenda. Events such as ONS play a very important role in outlining the perspectives offered by the future, and in helping companies to make this transition. There is great potential in building on the huge expertise in the oil and gas sector,” says Haugland.
Facilitates the green shift
Haugland is quite clear about what the purpose of Clean Energy Park should be.
“I would like us to promote the opportunities that lie in the green shift. ONS is a fantastic global meeting place for the oil and gas sector, and I aim to make efforts for ONS to be increasingly associated with a holistic view of energy where oil and gas and renewable energy can go hand in hand,” he says.
President and CEO of the ONS Foundation, Leif Johan Sevland, is very pleased that Bjørn Kj. Haugland accepted the request to chair the committee:
“We want to strengthen ONS’ position as a global energy meeting place. This includes the whole energy picture. Mr. Haugland has international experience and a solid background in the field of sustainability. He will help to develop ONS 2016 in the right direction.
Expert committee in place
Bjørn Kj. Haugland will chair a committee with considerable expertise in clean energy. The other members are:
- Jens Ulltveit-Moe, CEO, Umoe
- Christine Meisingseth, Manager, Sustainable Investments, Storebrand
- Marianne Tonning Kinnari, Head of Green Growth, Innovation Norway
- Nils Røkke, Vice President Climate Technologies, SINTEF
- Birger Haraldseid, Opportunity Manager, Energy, Greater Stavanger
- Mette Kristine Kanestrøm, Department Manager, Business Development, Lyse Produksjon
- Jan Øivind Johansen, Assistant Director General, Ministry of Petroleum and Energy
- Hege Økland, CEO, NCE Maritime Clean Tech
- Fredrik Norman, Manager Communication New Energy Solutions, Statoil
- Jon Dugstad, Director, INTPOW
- Natalia Belkina, Environmental Advisor, Lundin Norway AS
- Mai-Liis Jullinen, Energy Consultant, IHS
Read more about Bjørn Kj. Haugland’s views in his sustainability blog.