Clean energy at the ONS Centre Court
The ONS Centre Court is a conference arena in the middle of the exhibition venue. This intimate stage offers short, interesting talks with a high emphasis on clean energy issues.
16 sessions each lasting for 90 minutes with 15-minute presentations and discussions provides expert updates on a number of conceptual, academic and political topics. The central focus is on renewables, sustainable solutions, cleaner oil and gas production, alternative fuels in transport sector, CCS and more.
Bjørn Kj. Haugland, EVP and Chief Sustainability Officer of the DNV GL Group is chair of the committee developing the Centre Court programme. He sees great potential for clean energy to build on the huge expertise in the oil and gas sector.
“I would like us to promote the opportunities that lie in the green shift. ONS is a fantastic global meeting place for the oil and gas sector, and the aim is to make ONS increasingly associated with a holistic view of energy, where oil, gas and renewable energy can go hand in hand,” he says.
Why visit ONS Centre Court?
- Free entrance for all visitors of the exhibition
- Wide range of interesting topics
- High level speakers
- Drop in – and be inspired!
Topics ONS 2016:
- Cleaner times for oil and gas
- Projects and technology on the Norwegian Shelf
- Changing the world as we know it: Energy systems in transition.
- Cutting costs: The new business advantage in oil and gas
- Put your money where the future is
- Renewables: Winning! Or are we?
- Norway’s role in a changing European energy landscape
- Petro Maritime: Clean solutions with the ability to float
- Research and development – a necessity to transform
- Gas is king. The European gas market
- Gotta love the system! Smart energy solutions explained
- Green transport – the highway to reduced emissions
- Changing the world. Leaders who see past the next corner
- Capture. Store. Repeat. Where are we on CCS?
- Innovate. Disrupt. Transform.
Some of the confirmed speakers at ONS 2016
- Jenny Chase, Head of Solar Insight, Bloomberg New Energy Finance
- Anita Krohn Traaseth, CEO, Innovation Norway
- Jens Ulltveit-Moe, CEO, Umoe
- Rune Bjerke, CEO & President, DNB
- Bjørn Kj. Haugland, EVP and Chief Sustainability Officer of the DNV GL Group
- Sturla Henriksen, CEO, Norwegian Shipowners Association
- Tim Armstrong, Vice President, Forecast Planning, IHS Automotive
- Terje Osmundsen, SVP Business Development, Scatec Solar ASA
At ONS, we see Clean Energy as a megatrend in the society; from renewable energy and energy efficiency to CO2 cleaning technology and similar topics.
“We think it is important to increase the focus on the entire energy mix and energy efficiency in order to secure our role as the world’s leading energy meeting place. Our aim is to be a venue known to promote the importance of a greener energy development both within and outside the petroleum industry”, says President and CEO of ONS, Leif Johan Sevland.
ONS Centre Court – Powered by DNB